Nigerian Navy Averts Hijack Attack On MT Hanze Kochi, Destroy More Illegal Refineries
1. Operatives of the Nigerian Navy have successfully repelled attack by suspected sea robbers on Marine Tanker (MT) HANZE KOCHI enrouted Lagos from Port Harcourt. The attackers made spirited effort to board the vessel 50 nautical miles off Bayelsa State on 16 September 2016 at about 0250 hrs but were heavily engaged and overpowered in a gun duel by naval personnel.
2. In a related development, a patrol team deployed by FOB Bonny in Rivers State has arrested Marine Vessel (MV) FB PERE IPAMO at Shell Slot Jetty in Bonny for alleged involvement in illegal bunkering activities. At the time of arrest on 14 September 2016, the vessel was carrying about 500 metric tons of illegally refined Automotive Gas Oil (AGO).
3. Similarly, on 17 Sep 2016, a patrol team deployed by NNS DELTA conducted anti-crude oil theft operations in which 2 illegal refinery sites were raided. The sites are located at Lakpaje and Ubeje Creeks in Warri South LGA of Delta State. During the raid, the patrol team destroyed about 18,000 litres of suspected stolen crude oil and 15,000 litres of suspected refined AGO.
4. The feat achieved by the Nigerian Navy in cracking down the activities of the criminals in the maritime domain is a pointer that there is no hiding place for any criminal. The Service is ever committed to safeguard the maritime environment.
5. You are please requested to disseminate this information for the awareness of all.
CHRISTIAN ODOGWU EZEKOBE
Director of Information
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.