Idris Elba Talks Meeting His Girlfriend at the Age of 11; 25 Things To Know About Him
Beyond being the hottest and most sought-after Hollywood actor, not much is known about the younger Idris Elba, what life was like for him, growing up and other details about his adult life.
Now, the ‘Beasts of No Nation‘ actor has thrown the door open in a new interview with US Weekly.
“I met my first girlfriend at the age of 11. She was lovely. She wouldn’t let me kiss her, though,” Idris Elba dishes on falling in love as a child, before adding that he also had other important preoccupations. “When I was 8 years old, I deejayed for my mom’s and dad’s birthday parties and house parties. I felt like a big man,” he said.
Idris Elba, performs under the stage name ‘Driis’ and he raps, deejays and has dropped hit songs, including ‘Confidential‘ featuring D’banj and Shadow Boxxer.
Now, he reveals he has dropped a record. “I deejay. I’ll shamelessly plug that I just dropped a record of my own called “Spectacle,” which I edited,” Elba told US Weekly.
The award winning act also dished on his pet peeves, what he wants in a woman, his children, and his most embarrassing moment.
Read the 25 things we previously didn’t know about the widely loved actor, as shared with US Weekly:
1. On any given day, I’d take a sweat suit over a custom-made suit.
2. I danced with Taylor Swift at the Met Gala, and Anna Wintour a couple of times, too.
3. Most embarrassing moment: I once wore my radio mic to the toilet, and I had a really bad stomach.
4. I met my first girlfriend at the age of 11. She was lovely. She wouldn’t let me kiss her, though.
5. I want to do comedy because I’m hilarious!
6. My favorite song of all time is “Darling I Need Your Loving” by an old reggae guy called John Holt.
7. I like to snack on pistachios.
8. I wear the leather jacket from my Superdry clothing line all the time, even in the summer.
9. I prefer phone calls over text messages. Texts can get misinterpreted. On a phone call, you can say, “Well, what do you mean by that?”
10. But when I’m texting, my favorite emojis are the pound fist and the 100.
11. I deejay. I’ll shamelessly plug that I just dropped a record of my own called “Spectacle,” which I edited.
12. When I was 8 years old, I deejayed for my mom’s and dad’s birthday parties and house parties. I felt like a big man.
13. My favorite thing about being a father [of daughter Isan, 14, and son Winston, 2] is seeing them absorb something I taught them. I love having that influence.
14. When I’m at the bar, I choose rum and Coke. It’s refreshing and doesn’t really get you wasted.
15. I want to work with Denzel Washington one day. He’s a hero of mine.
16. On a cheat day, I’d have cheesecake with dulce de leche ice cream and whipped cream.
17. My celebrity crush is Meryl Streep. When I met her, my tongue swelled up in my mouth!
18. The weirdest gift a fan gave me was a papier-mâché box.
19. The first thing I pack when I’m traveling is my flip-flops.
20. I’m a bit self-conscious about my feet. They’re not pretty, but I like them being out.
21. In women, my favorite qualities are patience and understanding.
22. My specialty in the kitchen is steak and hard-poached eggs. I season the steak up!
23. My favorite place to shoot is Africa. I love Africa.
24. If I were an animal, I’d be a lion: I protect my family. I like to chill out in the grass all day, man. Looking good with my long hair.
25. My biggest pet peeves in people are impatience, intolerance and rudeness. There’s no point. No need.
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.