KOWA Party Denies Endorsing PDP Candidate in Edo Guber Election
KOWA party has declared as false, the information making the rounds that the party endorsed the PDP’s gubernatorial candidate in Edo state, Osagie Ize-Iyamu. In a detailed statement released late last night, the party cleared the air regarding the misleading information dished out by the party’s gubernatorial candidate, Barrister Thompson Osadolor as well as announced the dismissal of Barrister Osadolor from the party. Read the statement below:
1. Our attention has been drawn to news circulating in the media about KOWA Party’s endorsement of the PDP’s candidate in Edo State.
2. We want to state affirmatively that this endorsement is in no way the position of our party.
3. Barrister Thompson Osadolor and his campaign team acted unilaterally without consultations and against the guidelines of the party.
4. What we represent as a party is a clean break from the governance models and patronage politics that is currently entrenched in PDP & APC
5. A similarity in manifesto is therefore not a sufficient and necessary criterion for PDP’s candidate to get our party’s endorsement.
6. The BOT/NEC of our Party has therefore forwarded Barrister Thompson Osadolor’s dismissal from our party with immediate effect.
7. His actions are tantamount to anti-party activities and against the spirit and the ideology of our party.
8. Our party would abide by our principles and ideology no matter how many votes we get.
9. Our Party would abide by its principles, ideology and as opposed to Barrister Osadolor, our party is not is not withdrawing from the race
10. The appropriate authorities will get our letters on Wednesday due to the public holidays as we work on a more detailed Press Statement.
11. We implore our members & supporters to not lose hope & stay steadfast as we explore the legal means to correct this unfortunate incident
12. We wish all our muslim friends Happy Sallah and everyone a beautiful holiday.
13. God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.