NJC Recommends Appointment Of 21 state Judges: Full List
The National Judicial Council has recommended 21 judges for appointment as chief judges and judicial officers in various states.
They include judges of the conventional courts and Sharia courts.
The announcement was made Friday in a statement by the NJC spokesperson, Soji Oye.
The appointments are subject to co formation of the president or governors of respective states.
Read the statement below:
11th May, 2018
The National Judicial Council under the Chairmanship of the Honourable Mr. Justice Walter Samuel Nkanu Onnoghen, GCON, at its 86th Meeting, which was held on 8th and 9th May, 2018, recommended the under-listed names of twenty-one (21) successful candidates as Heads of Courts and Judicial Officers for the Federal/State High Courts and the Code of Conduct Tribunal:
1. APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF JUDGE, KEBBI STATE
i) Hon. Mr. Justice Elizabeth A. Karatu
2. APPOINTMENT OF CHIEF JUDGE, KATSINA STATE
i) Hon. Mr. Justice Musa Danladi Abubakar
3. APPOINTMENT OF GRAND KADI KATSINA STATE
i) Hon. Kadi Alhafiz Mikail Abubakar
4. APPOINTMENT OF PRESIDENT, CUSTOMARY COURT OF APPEAL, FCT
i) Hon. Mr. Justice Abbazih Musa Abubakar Saddeeq
5. APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, NIGER STATE
i) Bilikisu Gambo Yusuf
ii) Ishaku Usman
6. APPOINTMENT OF THREE (3) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, BORNO STATE
i) Musa Mustapha
ii) Baba Gani Karumi
iii) Waziri Alhaji Abubakar
7. APPOINTMENT OF THREE (3) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, KOGI STATE
i) Husaini Alhasan Saidu
ii) Zubayr Saliu
iii) Ruth Alolo Alfa
8. APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) JUDGES, HIGH COURT, GOMBE STATE
i) Muhammad Haruna
ii) Fatima Musa
9. APPOINTMENT OF TWO (2) KADIS SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, GOMBE STATE
i) Muhammad Inuwa Gombe
ii) Hadi Aminu
10. APPOINTMENT OF FOUR (4) KADIS SHARIA COURT OF APPEAL, GOMBE STATE
i) Ahmad Muhammad Gidado
ii) Mustapha Lalloki
iii) Dalha Bashir Ahmad
iv) Atiku Muhammad Bello
11. APPOINTMENT OF ONE (1) MEMBER, CODE OF CONDUCT TRIBUNAL
i) Julie Abieyuwa Anabor
The newly appointed candidates will be sworn-in after the approval of the President and their respective State Governors as the case may be.
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.