Rape Lawsuit Against Russell Simmons Dismissed
The aspiring documentary filmmaker who accused Russell Simmons of rape asked the court today to dismiss the lawsuit, TMZ reports.
Russell Simmons and one of the women who accused him of sexual assault are no longer headed to court … the lawsuit’s been dismissed.
Jennifer Jarosik sued Simmons for millions of dollars, claiming he’d sexually assaulted her after she denied his advances. According to docs, the suit was dismissed Wednesday morning. It was dismissed with prejudice … meaning she can’t refile.
Typically, that’s a sign there’s been a settlement. Reps for Simmons had no comment.
The dismissal comes a couple weeks after Simmons filed a pretty strong response to the lawsuit, claiming Jennifer had sent him text messages and nude photos after the alleged assault.
In the docs, he said Jennifer was just out for a cash grab.
Jennifer Jarosik sued the founder of Def Jam Recordings for millions of dollars, claiming he’d sexually assaulted her after she denied his advances. Jennifer filed the suit in January, seeking almost $10 million in damages.
Simmons, in his court filing, said he and Jennifer had known each other for a decade, and that she would make unsolicited requests for his help on various entertainment projects — including a documentary, reality television shows and children’s books. He offered encouragement, offered to donate a few thousand dollars to one project, and asked a friend who was a documentary filmmaker to help out with her documentary.
The long-time entertainment figure said that on the occasions when they had sex, it was consensual.
Both Simmons and Jarosik asked that the case be dismissed, suggesting some settlement had been reached.
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.