The Upstream Oil & Gas Industry Intervention Initiative On Covid-19
In recognition of the impact of Corona virus (COVID -19) pandemic on the Nigerian population and economy, the Nigeria Oil & Gas Industry under the leadership of the NNPC Group Managing Director, Mallam Mele Kyari has embarked on an industry-wide collaborative intervention initiative to combat the pandemic and its attendant impact.
The intervention initiative is in alignment with the ongoing Federal Government’s efforts, and in collaboration with the NCDC to curb the pandemic. It is aimed at supporting our national healthcare delivery facilities and covers three key thematic areas;
a) Provision of Medical consumables
b) Deployment of logistics and In-patient Support System
c) Delivery of Medical Infrastructure
The three thematic support initiatives amount to a total of USD 30 million (~N11 billion naira) and will be delivered in phases, starting today.
To address the increasing demand for medical services, we are immediately providing medical consumables covering testing kits, medical protective suits and ambulances to the highly impacted areas across the federation. This will be followed, in the next few days, with the deployment of ventilators, beds and temporary intensive care facilities across the geopolitical zones of the federation.
As a responsive and responsible Industry, we are taking this action to strengthen our collective national resolve in combatting this pandemic and its dreadful impact.
This effort is a collaboration between the NNPC and its partners in the upstream sector of the nation’s oil and gas value chain. The companies are drawn from the Oil Producers Trade Section (OPTS) and the Independent Petroleum Producers Group (IPPG);
1. The Shell Group of Companies in Nigeria
2. The ExxonMobil Group of Companies in Nigeria
3. The Total Group of Companies in Nigeria
4. The Chevron Group of Companies in Nigeria
5. The Eni Group of Companies in Nigeria
6. Addax Petroleum
7. Aiteo Eastern Exploration and Production Limited
8. AMNI International Petroleum Development Company Limited
9. Dansaki Petroleum Limited
10. Elcrest Exploration and Production Nigeria Limited
11. Eroton Exploration & Production Company Limited
12. Energia Limited
13. First Exploration & Petroleum Development Company Limited
14. First Hydrocarbon Nigeria Limited
15. Frontier Oil Limited
16. Green Energy International Limited
17. Lekoil Nigeria Limited
18. Midwestern Oil & Gas Company Ltd
19. Newcross Exploration &Production Limited
20. Network Exploration & Production
21. Niger Delta Petroleum Resource Limited
22. Oando Oil Limited
23. Oriental Energy Resources Ltd
24. Pillar Oil Limited
25. Platform Petroleum Limited
26. SEPLAT Petroleum Development Company PLC
27. Shoreline Natural Resources
28. Suntrust Oil Company Nigeria Limited
29. Vertex Energy Limited
30. Waltersmith Petroman Oil Limited
31. Yinka Folawiyo Petroleum Limited
32. Sahara Energy Fields Limited
33. Belema Oil Producing Limited
Similar intervention between NNPC and its downstream partners will be unveiled.
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.