You Will Die O!, Former CAN President Tells Christians Who Don’t Pay Tithe
A former President of the Christian Association of Nigeria(CAN), Bishop Ayo Oritsejafor, has told churchgoers that they will all die if they fail to obey the rule of tithing.
Speaking at a recent RCCG conference, the flamboyant preacher told the congregants that “we don’t have time to get into all the details about tithing,” however, he claimed that they were all risking their lives if they fail to turn over 10 percentage of their incomes to the church.
“I know there are those telling you not to pay your tithe. Don’t listen to them o, dey wan kill you o. You go die quick o. Your tithe is not about you,” he told the members, adding, “The bible says, while Levi was still in the loins of Abraham, he was already paying tithe.”
Please note that he was citing the book of Hebrews 7:9.
The Bishop continued, saying, “When you pay tithe, it is not about you; it is about your children…Don’t let anybody deceive you o. We don’t have time to get into it, but don’t be deceived.”
And then he went on to slam Daddy Freeze, who started the campaign against tithing, saying, “When you look at yourself [and] look at the man who is saying you shouldn’t pay tithe, make you look the two make you see for yourself. You go see the difference. Bible say the difference [is] clear.”
Fact check: ‘The difference is clear‘ is a vintage commercial by bottling company, 7 Up.
Watch the clip:
And here’s what Nigerians think of his utterance:
- shanhugo_: “You go die quick oo, it’s for your children’s children’s children…. 😂 😂 what is he saying??? Enough already mbok!“
- obels77: “Is it not this man that owned the private jet that was used to launder money and later they said it was supposed to be used to buy arms.. God’s judgement is coming soon on these so called men of God…“
- iamseyyi: “This thing is getting very shameful. 1) pastors are now replying someone saying things on social media. 2) he didn’t make a point but kept making threats on people’s children children. It’s best these pastors stop replying cos they’re confusing people more and more.“
- spikydgreat: “Securing the bag 😂😂😂 this fake dude oritsejafor, 🤥🤥🤥🤥anyway I never liked him.”
- frankbill_official: “He can’t even quote the Bible verse.”
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.