11 Things To Know About Mambilla Hydro-Power Project
1. When constructed the hydro power has capacity of generating 30,50 Megawatts of electricity.
2. Complete construction will cost about $5.792billions (N1.145 trillion)
3. The construction to be handle by three Chinese Companies that comprises of JV company LTD, China Gezhouba Group cooperation (CGGC) and Sinohydro coperation LTD.
4. The scope of the work will comprise of 4 large dams, 2 underground power houses, and 12 units of 250 Megawatts each.
5. Constructions of two 330KV of 700km transmission lines to Makurdi in Benue state and Jalingo taraba state capital.
6. Construction of 120km access roads that will be connecting the project site and the nearby communities.
7. Africa Development Bank (ADB) and China will provide 15% and 85% funding respectively, already domiciled in the NEXIM Bank .
8. Resettlement of 100,00 persons that will be affected by the project, mainly communities along the river Donga (mayo -wukari)
9. Provision of more than 10,000 job opportunities to the teeming youth both skilled and unskilled.
10. Construction sites is at Barup where river donga cascaded from 167m above sea level into the basin below.
11. Complete construction to take 6years duration.
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.