Boko Haram to Announce Girls’ Location in 24 Hours – Wakil
Islamist terrorists group Boko Haram has reportedly accepted the peace move of the Federal Government and is now ready to make an announcement on the whereabouts of the abducted Chibok girls in the next 24 hours.
This was disclosed by one of the individuals who is alleged to have strong ties and vital information on the insurgents, Aisha Alkali Wakil, on Wednesday in Abuja.
It will be recalled that Wakil, alongside two others, was earlier in the month declared wanted by the Nigerian Army for concealing information on the whereabouts of the Chibok girls following a video released by the now “fatally wounded” leader of the group, Abubakar Shekau.
Speaking through legal representatives at the National Human Rights Commission, Wakil, also referred to as ‘Mama Boko Haram’, said that since her release by the Army, she had not rested on negotiating the release of the abducted schoolgirls, Leadership writes.
“Since I came back, I have been on their neck,” she said.
“They have now agreed to come out and discuss with the government and bring back the girls.
“I am for the Chibok girls and all the captives. They are ready for peace. This is what they told me.
“I think they might post some information on YouTube within 24 hours,” Aisha stated.
President Muhamadu Buhari on Sunday gave in to public pressure and agreed to swap captured Boko Haram fighters for the Chibok Girls.
ENJOY FREE CONTENTS FROM US
IN YOUR EMAIL
Breaking News, Events, Music & More
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.